You must be there!
When: December 4th, 2017
Where: Zengo Cycle (Bethesda, MD)
I’m so excited to be putting together a fundraiser that supports EDS Wellness (& the work I do)!
We will have drinks, snacks, and free giveaways!
You do not have to be local to participate or be able to take part in the class. You can donate a bike seat in honor of yourself or honor of someone else. Or, you can make a tax-deductible donation directly to EDS Wellness by going to http://edswellness.org/index.php/donations/. Tax receipts will be provided.
Registration will be through Zengo Cycle’s website. An announcement will be made at the time that registration is live. Go to www.zengocycle.com
Official Facebook event page for the EDS Ride for a Cause 2016 is: https://www.facebook.com/events/1020118844773527/?ti=icl
See details from the 1st EDS Ride for a Cause on May 31st, 2014. Click on the discussion tab to read posts, additional details and see pictures! Go to https://m.facebook.com/events/683516091712656
If you want to learn more about EDS Wellness, read below:
Who is EDS Wellness?
EDS Wellness is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization promoting health education, integrative healthcare, and wellness strategies for living well with hypermobility syndromes, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), and related conditions, through print and digital media resources and materials, including seminars, webinars, conferences, coaching, and patient advocacy.
EDS Wellness provides education on various movement, nutrition, and mind-body techniques by collaborating with healthcare practitioners and like-minded organizations, to improve the quality of life and overall well-being of individuals living with EDS and other chronic, often invisible illnesses.
What projects is EDS Wellness, Inc. working on (i.e. Where do donated funds go?)
1. Wellapalooza– Integrative Health and Wellness conferences blending the best of modern medicine with integrative therapies for those suffering from chronic illnesses.
The coolest health & wellness conferences (& retreats!) ever!
Wellapalooza is a big part of the mission of EDS Wellness and served as the final push to transition to a registered non-profit.
Our 2nd Wellapalooza was held June 9-12th, 2016, and we’ve recently announced the dates for an additional integrative wellness retreat, and a physician learning conference in 2017! Details and registration will be live soon!
2. Moving Naturally with Hypermobility – Seminars focused on natural movement, physical therapy, health & wellness for those with all types hypermobility syndromes, and the healthcare providers who care for them. Move More. Move Better.
We held our first Moving Naturally with Hypermobility seminar in June 2015 with great success. We are planning on holding additional in collaboration with other members and organizations in the community. Additionally, we will be holding seminars regularly through live broadcasts, podcasts, webinars, and personal appointments.
3. Just 5 Minutes – Motivation for life, and mission to heal, restore and empower the human spirit – one yoga mat at a time. #Just5Minutes at a time.
Just 5 Minutes is the hallmark project of all that I do and serves as the foundation for EDS Wellness, Inc. Growing and expanding on the Just 5 Minutes mission and brand is one of my personal goals this year, and it’s also one of the primary goals for EDS Wellness. The plan is, to begin with live “Just 5 Minutes” broadcasts via Periscope. We will also record Just 5 Minutes video clips to upload to both YouTube and strengthflexibilityhealtheds.com, while we build the Just 5 Minutes website.
Most importantly, we have been looking for the perfect yoga mat company to partner with – a company who also believes in the mission of Just 5 Minutes. By the end of 2017, we plan to have special yoga mats that say “Just 5 Minutes.” These yoga mats will be gifted to the people within the community(ies) that we serve through various classes, courses, conferences, retreats, and more. We will also sell these yoga mats through the EDS Wellness and Wellapalooza “swag” shop.
4. EDS Ride for a Cause – Charity events on bikes or indoor spinning bikes, benefitting Ehlers-Danlos syndrome non-profit organizations (I.e. – this event!). EDS Ride for a Cause is a trademark of EDS Wellness, Inc. Information on how to set-up your own EDS Ride for a Cause is available to individuals, support groups, other charities and non-profit organizations, or companies, who would like to put together their cycling fundraiser benefitting an EDS non-profit or support group. We provide information on the necessary step to take to organize a similar fundraiser, relevant materials, and permission to use the EDS Ride for a Cause name.
5. Invisible Strength – Stronger 2 Gether – (previously known as “Our Stories of Strength” & Series title of the first EDS anthology Our Stories of Strength – Living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) – anthology series sharing stories of strength, hope & perseverance from those living with chronic, often invisible illnesses. We are #Stronger2Gether.
6. Educational materials (print) – Natural Healing with EDS brochure recently redesigned and released — a collaborative project with Dr. Clair Francomano, her son and a few others. Also, an EDS and Kids e-book with Sarah of My Stripy Life is one of the other projects that is near completion.
7. Educational information & materials (digital) – Dissemination of reputable information on EDS and related conditions through various digital media platforms such as podcasts, live broadcasts on Periscope, webinars, recorded educational videos in collaboration with community physicians, and of course, Wellapalooza conferences.
8. Wellness Counseling & Patient Advocacy – EDS Wellness utilizes the MINDBODY app for scheduling appointments, seminars, events, workshops, classes and scheduling health education/health coaching appointments. In the future, yoga and restorative exercise classes will also be scheduled through the MindBody app. To make an appointment, go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/learn-with-eds-wellness/
9. EDS Wellness HelpLine – dedicated HelpLine that offers both email and phone support for patients, their family members, other caregivers, and medical providers. To make an appointment, go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/make-an-appointment/
EDS Wellness affiliated projects (“other” EDS-related projects that do not fall directly under EDS Wellness):
1. Strength/Flexibility/Health/EDS – NEW and ONLY digital magazine for those striving to live well with EDS and other chronic medical conditions. The new website redesign was launching soon!
“Strength, Flexibility, and Health, while living with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) and it’s related conditions.”
2. The Hypermobile Yogi – Providing information and resources on how to practice yoga safely with joint hypermobility, including a series of 4 courses that will be available online once recorded. The Hypermobile Yogi website and related social media accounts, serve as my “journal” requirement for the yoga instructor program and follow my journey through the yoga instructor training program with The Mindfulness Center. The series of 4 classes on yoga for hypermobility syndromes, also fulfill a program requirement.
3. Mast Cell Research – Sharing research, information, and publications on Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) and other Mast Cell Activation Disorders, including information on Dr. Afrin’s new book Never Bet Against Occam: Mast Cell Activation Disease published by Sisters Media, LLC.
If you are not able to attend the upcoming EDS Ride for a Cause but would like to make a donation, please go to http://edswellness.org/index.php/donations/. You can also go directly to our Paypal giving link, by going to https://www.paypal.me/EDSWellness.