The latest – Part of going through Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is needing to keep a gratitude journal, and track of a bunch of other things related to training. Hence, why I started The Hypermobile Yogi. I also realize that not everyone is into yoga, so this site serves as my gratitude journal (online) for YTT, a place to share info on practicing yoga safely with hypermobility, and my personal “blog.”
I’ve also been in the process of launching Strength/Flexibility/Health/EDS into a digital magazine for those living with EDS and related conditions. The website has been redone, and I’m in the process of adding new posts (slowly), and going through older ones. The summer slowed things even more, as has website work I had to have done because of issues plugins caused. Specialized IT help isn’t cheap, but we are getting closer to the official relaunch!
EDS Wellness.org is live, but not officially launched … just yet. I’m getting there, but there’s so much to do in the background, especially when you want to do things the right way (i.e. Insurance(s), legalities, etc.). Soon, though, soon.
Most importantly, I’ve been working dates for upcoming events. I’ve listed a few below, but more details will follow soon.
1. September 15th, 2016 – I will be speaking at the Tristate EDS Support Group Meeting in WVA.
2. November 2016 – Series of 4 classes – Practicing Yoga with Hypermobility/Mindfulness for Hypermobility.
This series of 4 community service classes is part of my YTT requirements, called Seva. However, we decided to overlap my Seva requirement with a Mindfulness for Hypermobility program that I’ve been working on putting together with both Dr. Francomano and Dr. Norris from The Mindfulness Center.
The idea is to open the classes to the public (and hopefully offer them live also) and continue them if all goes well. These classes will be offered once a week, probably on Friday, for four consecutive weeks. More details will be shared soon!
3. December 4th, 2016 – 1st EDS Wellness fundraiser and 2nd Annual EDS Ride for a Cause!
4. EDS Wellness Integrative Wellness Retreat – Weekend of April 29th, 2016 at The Salamander Resort in Middleburg, Va
5. Physicians Learning Conference – Weekend of June 10th & 11th, 2017
5. And yes, getting stuff shipped! If you attended Wellapalooza 2016, you might have won a prize! I can’t send prizes without addresses! Please go visit the link provided to see if you won! http://www.wellapalooza.com/mast-cell-research-contest-wellapalooza-2016-sponsor-raffle-prize-winners/
Questions? Send an email to Kendra@edswellness.org